The Invasive Species Council of BC in partnership with the BC Ministry of Environment (MOE) will be hosting five free workshops for members of the boating industry this April. Regulated boat inspections will take place province-wide this coming season – be prepared by learning about the up-to-date guidelines and how they impact your industry, how to be an industry ambassador and how to work with MOE and the boat inspections.
Anyone involved with the boating industry is welcome, including marina owners and staff, commercial boat haulers, marine repair shops, operators and boat dealers. Content will include current legislation and industry guidelines, partnership opportunities, free resources, decontamination and quarantine protocols, key requirements and how to work with MOE. All leaders of the boating industry are encouraged to join and help continue to prevent the introduction and spread of AIS through recreational boating.
The workshops will be held in the following locations:
- North Vancouver: April 4th, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT at Delbrook Community Recreation Centre
- Richmond: April 5th, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT at Sea Island Community Centre
- Kelowna: April 19th, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
- Salmon Arm: April 20th, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT at Prestige Harbourfront Resort & Convention Centre
- Cranbrook: April 27th, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm MDT at Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
If you have any questions about the free Boating Industry Workshops, co-hosted by the Invasive Species Council of BC and the Ministry of the Environment, please contact Stephanie Woods, at email@example.com or (250) 580-8557.
Learn more and register →