For over 60 years, the Maritime Museum of BC has been preserving our west coast marine heritage for the benefit of all. The museum is embarking on some exciting new projects in 2017 and is looking for your support. Their plans include:
- Celebrating the 120th anniversary and re-launch of the SV Dorothy
- Volunteers are opening a new All Things Marine Thrift Store at Canoe Cove Marina in North Saanich, which will provide the boating community with a great opportunity to reuse and recycle boating equipment.
- Raising funds for a Student Engagement Fund that will allow for the hiring of more part-time students and provide them with valuable mentorships and training.
- Developing an international travelling exhibition commemorating the 100th anniversary of the tragic sinking of the SS Princess Sophia that will tour BC, Yukon and Alaska in 2018.
- Re-developing curriculum-based school programs, as well as walking tours and creative workshops.
The museum is currently receiving 30% of their annual operating funds from all levels of government. Without further support from individuals and businesses, it would be impossible to complete these projects. In order to achieve the above goals, the Maritime Museum of BC needs to raise $250,000.
You can donate online through the secure website. It takes less than five minutes and makes a big difference in your community. You can also call (250) 385-4222 ext. 101 to make a donation, or mail a donation to:
The Maritime Museum of BC
634 Humboldt St.
Victoria, BC Canada
The charity registration number is 10808 8014 RR0001.
If you are unable to donate, you can still support the museum in a number of other ways:
- Buying an MMBC 2017 membership
- Donating marine-related equipment, tools and books to the new All Things Marine Thrift Store
- Volunteering at events
- Spreading the word about the above exciting programs and projects!
The Maritime Museum of BC’s staff and volunteers thank you for your generous support and your commitment to the Museum’s place in the community.